Monday, December 10, 2012

Animation Tutorial- the Girl PART 2

I'm really happy about the development of this scene so I wanted to make a post about it.
This was the scene I had initially blocked/tried animating that was almost straight from my animatic: 

Girl walks into the scene, checks dude is alive or not, sees broken bridge, sad, sees croc and happily goes to the croc cause she has a plan.


The biggest feedback I got out of my teachers was 'what was motivating her actions?' Why'd she see the dude? What made her look out to the bridge, to the croc?  

I went through a couple of back and forths with my teachers about this, and the solutions to those beats were finally solved with this sequence.


girl enters frame and first sees bridge; sad and mad cause it's down; didn't realize hunter was there, hunter is the cause that prompts her to look at his direction, to the croc. She hatches a plan, and acts on it.

It took a couple of extra new cuts and shots but it makes a world of difference in terms of clarity and sequencing for the same idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment